From a modest family dimension to its creation, SIM has experienced active and sustained growth since its inception in the first years of its existence as an industrial, commercial and financial group with a large national scope.
In addition to the extension and development of its first subsidiary in food sector, SIM joint stock company Group has expanded its activities into other sectors by creating several subsidiaries.
- A milling subsidiary.
- A subsidiary for mineral waters, juices, preserves, and drinks.
- Industrial sector.
- A medical-surgical clinic.
- A subsidiary dedicated to real estate development and the management of sports and leisure facilities.
Educational and Training Sector
- A school complex of different levels.
- Two management institutes.
For the group as a whole, the existing investment is estimated at 16.000.000.000 Dinars while the investments currently lunched are 3.700.000.000 Dinars.
From 1996 to 2013, the capital increased from 8.208.000 DZD to 3.940.000.000 Dinars.
Participation and partnership of the group
• Mixed company (Sonatrach-Sonelgaz-sim) dedicated to the development of renewable energies.
• Algerian-Italian mixed company dedicated to the manufacture of milling equipment and accessories.
• Algerian-French mixed company dedicated to cattle feed.
Overall staff of the group: 2.200 agents.
With a capital of 5.665.000.000 DZD, the INDUSTRIAL SEMOLINA FACTORY OF MITIDJA (Agribusiness Subsidiary) is located in the industrial zone of Aïn Romana, borough of Mouzaïa. It is built on a surface of 120.000 m² with 70.000 m² covered and employs 900 persons including 90 executives and 555 workers.
The crushing capacity is 25.000 Q / day, distributed as follows:
Semolina factory (durum wheat): 15.000 Q / day.
Flour-mill (soft wheat): 10.000 Q / day.
Pasta products and couscous: 6.500 Q / day.
The sites of Aïn Romana and Aïn Defla respectively contribute to the production of 22.500 Q / day and 2.500 Q / day.
The production capacity of the plant is as follows :
Semolina and flour: 2.500 tons / day.
Alimentary paste: 400 tons / day.
Couscous: 155 tons / day.
Cattle feed: 600 tons / day.
This production is ensured by :
- 3 semolina mills
- 3 flour mills.
- 4 short pasta production lines.
- 3 long pasta production lines.
- 6 lines for couscous production.
- 1 unit of cattle feed.
- 1 set of storage silos of 85.000 tons.
SIM products complying with ISO 9001-2000 and HACCP standards (semolina, flour, pasta products, couscous) are now sold in France, Canada, Sudan, Niger, Mali, Chad, Egypt, Senegal and Libya.